Moksha Yoga Center reviews and processes applications on a rolling basis as they are received. This program due to its popularity is expected to be mostly full by the early bird registration, if not before. Send in your application soon. We are looking forward to a transformational year together.
Acceptance to the program and confirmation of a space in the training is triggered only when Moksha Yoga Center has received the application questions (part 1), a photo (part 2), and the $149 membership fee/deposit (part 3). An application is qualified as pending until all these materials are received and no space is reserved for those applicants who have submitted only a partial application. The letters of recommendation (part 4) and liability agreement (part 5) may be submitted any time before the beginning of the program. Please allow up to 1-2 weeks for Moksha Yoga Center to review and process your completed application. Thank you!
200 Hour Certification
- Yoga Alliance approved or RYT-200 equivalent
- Submit copy of certification along with application
- Currently teaching at least 1 public class per week*
- The class must be 1.5 hours in length
* Moksha currently does not have any class openings
Please respond to the following and send via email to email@example.com.
Include the original question with your response.
- How did you hear about this program?
- Which program are you registering for...Moksha/Chicago or Focus/Brookfield?
- Name, address, city, state, zip, phone numbers (home, work, mobile)
- Email address
- Birthdate (you can leave off the year, if you want :)
- Family (# children) and partner's name
- Activities, hobbies, and interests
- Who can we call in case of an emergency? Please provide a contact name, relationship to you, phone number, and email.
- List all injuries, past and present and describe your physical health (major illnesses, surgeries, physical conditions).
- Tell us about your emotional and mental health.
- Are you currently taking any medications? If so, please list in detail.
- Do you smoke? If you smoke even occassionally, you will not be accepted in the program. Please reapply at least one year or more after quitting.
- Do you have a close friend or therapist that will agree to listen to any comments or concerns that may arise throughout the course of this program (practice brings up alot of emotions/issues)? Do you have a support network? Does your family suppport this journey you've decided to take?
- This program requires a signifiant time commitment. Do you have any other major commitments (grad school, 2 jobs, etc) that would prevent you from participating fully?
- How long have you been taking yoga classes and/or practicing yoga? Please describe your practice in detail.
- Why do you want to take this program? What are your expectations for the training? What do you hope to gain, learn, or improve?
- Do you teach yoga now? If so, please describe in detail.
- If you plan on teaching after completing the program, why do you want to teach yoga?
- Do your religious beliefs conflict with the presentation and discussion of Eastern religious and philosophical systems such as Vedanta?
- Have you taken any classes at Moksha Yoga Center? If yes, with which teachers?
- Have you studied yoga anywhere else? If so, which style, with whom, for how long - describe your experience in detail.
- How would you compare self-practice to that with a class and teacher?
- Would you be willing to establish a daily practice (minimum 15-20 minutes) and maintain it to become a certified teacher?
- List any other interesting thing you think we should know about you.
Please include a color photo of yourself (please email jpg or tif).
Please submit your annual Advanced 500hr TT membership fee of $149 by cash/check or using the Google Shopping Cart on this page. You should receive a response within 1-2 weeks of submission of your application. This fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
membership fee: $149
Agreement (due by the start of the program)
Please print, review, sign and return the following Agreement to:
Moksha Yoga Center
Attn: Zoey VanDuren, Manager
Teacher Training & In-Depth Studies
700 North Carpenter
Chicago, IL 60642