A $100 application fee holds your place in the training and is non-refundable/non-transferable; those not accepted into the course will be given a full refund.
There are no prerequisites for this course other than the following:
Aadil Palkhivala's advice for a successful yoga student
Please respond to the following and send via email to email@example.com. Include the original question with your response.
- How did you hear about this program?
- Which program are you registering for...Moksha/Chicago or Focus/Brookfield?
- Name, address, city, state, zip, phone numbers (home, work, mobile)
- Email address
- Birthdate (you can leave off the year, if you want :)
- Family (# children) and partner's name
- Activities, hobbies, and interests
- Who can we call in case of an emergency? Please provide a contact name, relationship to you, phone number, and email.
- List all injuries, past and present and describe your physical health (major illnesses, surgeries, physical conditions).
- Tell us about your emotional and mental health.
- Are you currently taking any medications? If so, please list in detail.
- Do you smoke? If you smoke even occassionally, you will not be accepted in the program. Please reapply at least one year or more after quitting.
- Do you have a close friend or therapist that will agree to listen to any comments or concerns that may arise throughout the course of this program (practice brings up alot of emotions/issues)? Do you have a support network? Does your family suppport this journey you've decided to take?
- This program requires a signifiant time commitment. Do you have any other major commitments (grad school, 2 jobs, etc) that would prevent you from participating fully?
- How long have you been taking yoga classes and/or practicing yoga? Please describe your practice in detail.
- Why do you want to take this program? What are your expectations for the training? What do you hope to gain, learn, or improve?
- Do you teach yoga now? If so, please describe in detail.
- If you plan on teaching after completing the program, why do you want to teach yoga?
- Do your religious beliefs conflict with the presentation and discussion of Eastern religious and philosophical systems such as Vedanta?
- Have you taken any classes at Moksha Yoga Center? If yes, with which teachers?
- Have you studied yoga anywhere else? If so, which style, with whom, for how long - describe your experience in detail.
- How would you compare self-practice to that with a class and teacher?
- Would you be willing to establish a daily practice (minimum 15-20 minutes) and maintain it to become a certified teacher?
- List any other interesting thing you think we should know about you.
Please include a color photo of yourself (please email jpg or tif).
Please submit your tuition deposit ($100). You should receive a response within 1-2 weeks of submission of your application.
Letter of Recommendation (due by the start of the program)
Please submit 1 letter of recommendation from your yoga teachers. The student-teacher relationship is critical in becoming an effective teacher.
Agreement (due by the start of the program)
Please print, review, and sign the Enrollment Agreement and mail a signed copy with initials on each page to:
Moksha Yoga Center
Attn: Zoey VanDuren, Manager
Teacher Training & In-Depth Studies
700 North Carpenter
Chicago, IL 60642