Ayurvedic Cooking Class
The Higher Taste
The Higher Taste is a practice cooking class inspired by Ayurvedic and sattvic (pure) principles from the ancient Vedic sciences that give life to our yoga and spiritual practices. Inspired by Ayurveda, the ancient science of holistic medicine, learn how to prepare vegetarian dishes that nourish and support your body but also your heart and mind.
- Explore the principles of what makes food healthy and pure
- Discover how to use spices and make spice mixtures for great flavors and tastes
- Learn the secrets of making your food easy to digest and assimilate
Each class combines participatory cooking demonstrations, discussion and ends with a delicious meal for everyone!
Kitchari – (pronounced kich-uh-ree) is the traditional cleansing food of Ayurveda. It is a combination of split mung beans (dal) and white basmati rice with plenty of spices, depending on your constitution. It symbolizes India’s great culture of unity in diversity.
North Indian Cabbage and Peanut Salad – Delicious cabbage salad from the Maharashtrian region of India.
Orange Almond Nectar – A healthy orange smoothie made with fresh oranges, almond milk and sweetener.
Fall Cooking Class Schedule
- Sat, Nov 2, 4-6pm, Cooking Class #2
- Sat, Dec 7, 4-6pm, Cooking Class #3